Spring is upon us! The season of rebirth and renewal is one of our favorites, and it always inspires us to clean up our act, embrace a fresh perspective and maybe even tackle some spring cleaning — even in our beauty routines. You spring clean your house, why not apply the same practices to your stash of products? Keep what works, discard old or expired products and take inventory of what you need. Switch up products as the weather changes, whether that’s with a brighter lipstick or a lighter moisturizer. For an even deeper dive, visit Evolve Lifestyle Salon and Spa to revitalize your hair, skin and scalp. The beginning of a new season is the perfect time to declutter and debut a fresh you. Here’s how we spring clean our routine.
Decide what to keep and what to let go of
Decluttering is trending. Think about it this way: If you have hair or skin care products taking up space that don’t work for you or makeup colors that you never reach for, go through them and toss anything old or give some to your friends or coworkers. (If you’re throwing anything away, make sure you check out how to recycle it first!) As you say goodbye to clutter, they may find a new product to love. You can also donate products; many women’s shelters will accept beauty products, as long as they’re unopened and unused. The beautiful cycle is that the products get a new life after you, so don’t feel bad about letting go!
Make some seasonal swaps
When the weather warms up, you may find your winter moisturizer or hair care products feel a little heavier than usual. It’s time to lighten up! Here are a few swaps we always recommend:
- Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Rich Crème to Hydrating Soft Crème
- Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo and/or Conditioner to Cherry Almond Softening Shampoo and/or Conditioner
- Heavy matte foundation to Inner Light Mineral Tinted Moisture
- Composition Oil to Body Moisturizer
One thing you should never sacrifice? Sunscreen! Sunscreen is necessity all year round, so if it’s time for a fresh bottle of Daily Light Guard SPF 30, you know where to find us.
Hit the reset button from scalp to skin:
Your scalp is probably feeling the after-effects of the cold and dry winter weather right about now. Here’s how to bring it back to life in three easy steps:
1. Exfoliate with the Pramãsana Exfoliating Scalp Brush to remove buildup and promote microcirculation. Use it on a dry scalp daily, massaging in a slow, gentle circular motion. The brush is lightweight, with looped bristles to thoroughly massage without tangling your hair.
2. Next, apply the Purifying Scalp Cleanser to your scalp, wet or dry. Massage in as you would a shampoo but focus on your scalp, not your hair. Rinse, then follow with your usual shampoo and conditioning routine. The Scalp Cleanser Deeply, yet gently cleanses and purifies the scalp to help instantly balance sebum levels and leaves your scalp feeling refreshed and invigorated.
3. Finish with the Protective Scalp Concentrate, which helps balance sebum levels and protects your scalp from aggressors like pollution and free radicals. Once your hair is clean and damp, part it in sections and apply the Concentrate to your scalp, then massage in.
If your hair needs a refresh, reach for Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo and Weightless Conditioner, which gently clarify hair and add body and shine. Or, make an appointment for a service or two — we suggest a Botanical Therapy treatment and a Shine Treatment for softness and shine?
If it’s your skin that needs some seasonal TLC, it’s time to exfoliate! Once a week, use the Botanical Kinetics Radiant Skin Refiner in the PM to reveal more radiant skin. If you really want to see a major glow for spring, book a Dual Exfoliation treatment — it’s like getting a chemical peel and a microdermabrasion treatment in one! You’ll be able to greet the spring sunshine with your best and brightest face.